With so many technological advancements at our fingertips, our lives are made easier, which is fortunate considering the fast-paced lives most of us lead. In recent years, great strides have been made in making homes a bit more “tech savvy.” This technology, in short, allows the homeowner to run his or her home while away through a remote, often on a Smartphone or iPad. In fact, these homes have been labeled as being “smart,” due to the fact that they can seemingly think on their own. This ability to “think,” also known as being an automated home, helps homeowners in a number of ways.
Systems that can be automated include such items as HVAC, lighting, sprinkler systems, garage doors, locks, security gates, and appliances.
- Adds safety through appliance and lighting control.
- Secures home through automated door locks.
- Increases awareness through security cameras.
- Increases convenience through temperature adjustment.
- Saves money and increases convenience through sprinkler systems.
- Increases peace of mind.
- Allows you control when you're away from your house or out of town.
- Keep tabs on your children or the elderly.