Digital Signage may quickly become a standard fixture in the restaurant and QSR space. Cost savings, up-sell opportunities and many other benefits combined with local and federal legislation regarding required nutritional information are driving Mom & Pop’s to national chains to consider upgrading their menu boards to digital counterparts. Below are a few of the leading benefits of implementing digital menu boards, promo boards and self-service kiosks in a restaurant location.
- Ease of menu changes to accommodate new local, state, federal & international menu board regulations regarding ingredients. With new caloric laws being put into place, digital menu boards allow you to easily abide by displaying the necessary information next to each item, e.g., calorie, fat, sodium and other nutritional information. They also allow you to conform to all regional laws while managing nationally.
- Ease of menu changes for new items, pricing, sold-out items, etc. Maintain up-to-date pricing on your digital menus through manual control or automatically (based on POS system integration). Pricing can even be managed centrally so that all or select stores receive simultaneous updates.
- Up-sell & promote new items with a strategic integration of dynamic displays. Attention-grabbing graphics - With so many things fighting for your customers attention, it can be difficult to break through the clutter with your message. However, a digital menu board displaying bright, full high-definition video or pictures is your best bet to catch their eyes. Compared to a static poster, a video showing close-ups of one of your hot menu items is much more effective in whetting appetites and influencing purchasing behavior.
- Day-part scheduling to show different menus based on time of day/day of the week. Day-parting - Run appropriate menus and promotions based on time of day, and control it all with ease. Digital signage is being viewed as a must for any restaurants serving breakfast since a quick menu board change must take place when the restaurant switches to its lunch menu.
- Enhances the customer experience & helps reduce perceived wait times. Provide value-added content to enhance the customer experience while reducing perceived wait times.
- Ensure a visual consistency & compliance across multiple locations. Digital displays give you 100% compliance for consistency and display compliance vs. posters that may sit in the back room for weeks.
- Display emergency messaging. Should an emergency arise, systems can be used as emergency messaging to quickly get official information to customers. Show Amber Alerts and other community emergency information as a customer service.
- Incorporate live infotainment to entertain & inform guests in dining areas. Keep guests entertained and mix in your own promos, specials, event info to lift sales and return visits.
- Incorporate HR, upcoming events, specials and other customer targeted messaging. React - When unexpected issues arise, you need to respond quickly and communicate with your staff and customers. Digital menu boards provide a means for you to relay vital messaging that turns heads and helps avoid any confusion or concern.
- Eliminate recurring costs associated with printing and shipping of static materials. Save money and the planet by reducing printing, delivery, installation & disposal costs.